Been so freakin’ busy lately, I haven’t had much time to update the blog here (which seems to be the trend – I’m away for a while and then rush to fill you all in on the happenings)…so here we go:
1. THE FIXER’s first teaser is showing up in a bunch of places on the ‘Net, which is very cool. The crew is hard at work doing post-production on teaser two, which will be very different from teaser one. How different? How about more cast, dialog, a few scenes, length – that sort of stuff. It’s a lot more to sink your teeth into (forgive the pun or don’t, lol) and get a handle on where we want the show to go. Just remember, this ain’t your standard woe-is-me-I’m-immortal-and-confused vampire crap that populates pretty much everything today. THE FIXER is hardboiled, violent, and sexy. Just the way I like it, dammit.
2. Word from the folks at Blackbetty GmbH in Vienna is that HELLstalkers, which I’m writing with my bud Joe Nassise, should be rolling out soon for both cell phone users on the Vodafone and Verizon networks. There have been some technical issues as they iron out everything but things should start rocking soon enough. There’s been some interest in doing a print deal for the series as well. Plus, a number of other countries seem to be interested in digital rights. With the holidays closing in, I don’t know if we’ll actually get a deal before early January, but you never know.
3. I’m still working on the remaining pages for my website – which includes fully integrating this blog with it. As you might have noticed, it’s actually hosted at the site, but isn’t quite customized to my liking. We’ll be taking care of that thanks to my web guru, Nick (who just launched his own site at Dissim.com so if you’ve got some work, he’s the man!). In 2010, we’ll start getting some videos up for the Ninjutsu sections that focus on self-protection. I’ll probably get my 5th degree black belt test up there at some point, although you can already see that over on Youtube if you’re interested in checking it out.
4. 2010 is going to be insanely busy. We’re slotted to film the pilot in January + thirteen additional episodes – and then get to the business of selling that bad boy, I’ve got to finish the first manuscript for the boy’s adventure series I’m working on, got another Lawson novel to get cranking on, HELLstalkers, and a bunch of other commitments I can’t really disclose right now. I’m supposed to head over to Japan for more training in the Spring, which would be awesome. So yeah, a lot on the plate. And I love it…
5. Still drumming up more fans for THE FIXER fan page over on Facebook so come on over and become a fan!
I’ll have another post before the holidays, so stay tuned. Hope you’re all doing well!